Minimum scan engine version needed: 5.170
Pattern file needed: 0.909.00
Pattern release date: Jul 3, 2001
Important note: The "Minimum scan engine" refers to the earliest Trend Micro scan engine version guaranteed to detect this threat. However, Trend Micro strongly recommends that you update to the latest version in order to get comprehensive protection. Download the latest scan engine here.
- Click Start>Run, type REGEDIT.EXE and then hit the Enter key.
- Press F3 to open the Regedit search window
- Type MPGSRV32.EXE, then hit the ENTER key and wait for this entry to be found
- When found, hit the DELETE key to delete the entry. The entry is usually LTM2 and the value is c:\windows\litmus\mpgsrv32.exe.
- Press F3 again to search for more entries
- If more entries are found, delete these entries.
- Repeat step #2 until Regedit is finishes searching the whole registry.
- Exit the Registry
- Reboot the system
- Scan your system with Trend antivirus and delete all files detected as BKDR_LITMUS.201. To do this, Trend customers must download the latest pattern file and scan their system. Other email users may use HouseCall, Trend Micros free online virus scanner.
Trend Micro offers best-of-breed antivirus and content-security solutions for your
small and medium business,
or home PC.